Re:

by "Michael Zimmermann" <green(at)myna.com>

 Date:  Sun, 07 Dec 1997 07:36:44 -0500
 To:  "Dr. Jerry M. Obaldo" <tinola(at)pworld.net.ph>,
hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:48 PM 12/7/97 +0800, Dr. Jerry M. Obaldo wrote:
>i'm new to the list.
>does anyone know of freeware or shareware
>graphics viewers which can show animated gifs?
>the way i do it now is writing a small
>html file and viewing the graphic on a
>browser.

If you're creating animated gifs, why use anything other than the program
you're using for creation?  i usually check my work the same way, however.
There are many shareware gif animators out there, although i don't know of
any freeware ones.

I use the new GIF construction set from alchemy mindworks, a program that
was useless for anything but slapping frames together, but now they have
added functions to resize and redimension all the frames at once, etc. (i
use the full version, so i'm not sure if this is in the shareware -- then
again, it's usually worth it to use full versions of any software you have
in your bag of tricks.)

and if you're creating something that eventually is to be seen in a
browser, what better way to check it? you don't even need to write a page
for it, just choose file/open file in browser/ (or the equivalent) and
select the image where it resides in your directory.  you may have to make
sure that the file type is set to 'all files (*.*)' or '.gif', because most
browsers will try to open HTML files by default.

Green

[ New personal site at http://www.myna.com/~tempest/green/ ]