Re: My Site2

by f u s i o n <brianj(at)ais.ais-gwd.com>

 Date:  Sun, 07 Dec 1997 13:08:43 -0500
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
While on a grassy hilltop in Northern Spain, surrounded by goats, Collin
Lim wrote:

<snip>
>5. The wmr.gif image on the main page is broken.
>
>6. When viewed with high resolution setting, the centered texts are
>centered, but the non-centered texts are way off to the left side.  You
>might consider using tables to tidy things up.
>
>7. Generally, you'd like your sub-pages follow the same theme as your
>main page.  All of your pages have black background but the Trivia Game
>sub-page does not.
>
>8. The source code is difficult to follow.  I recommend making it less
>busy.  Unless is it generated by some HTML editors that you cannot
>control the output.
>-Collin
---------

Kevin,

I'd also like to add that because you are using Page Mill (Page Maker???)
it's  inserting oddball tags in your code.

Most of us haven't seen your background (or have had problems with them)
because it is trying to  find it on your desktop (code reads):

http://helius.carroll.com/Desktop%20Folder/image15.gif

and your main image doesn't even have a file extension:

http://helius.carroll.com/p/kdail/flylg

I'm not going to get into the thing about NATURALSIZEFLAG..

If your code is too messed up to plunder through it to look for
image/links/blah blah, just open the page in Netscape and right-click to
choose "View Info." This is where I got the above information.

I'd highly recommend re-doing your pages in a text editor. Your layout and
design is not complicated enough that you should even use an wysiwyg editor.

Just thought I'd add my two cents worth,

b.j. (Dr. Off-Topic)

p.s. try to write your page in notepad; your file length will probably be
half the size that it is now.