Re: Create Text in Photoshop

by Robert =?iso-8859-1?Q?=D8degaard?= <robode(at)online.no>

 Date:  Thu, 18 Dec 1997 12:00:47 +0100
 To:  "HWG Graphics Discussion Group" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
(sorry folks if you recive this twice, i got a error first time I did send it)

Hello Taylor Ren

At 14:59 18.12.97, you wrote:
>Just an absurd question:
>
>I tried Photoshop 4.02 b4. When I was tring to put some text on a
>background, I found when I finished typing, the text is frozen, no longer
>with a "floating" selection around it. In other word, I can not make any
>modifications to it! It caused me a lot headache.

This was my mind headache when it did come to Photoshop 4.0. And the secret
is that Photoshop creates a new layer if you put some text there. To move
it or modify it, just be sure your working with that layer, and use the
tools meant for that, like the "Move tool". You can also put some text in
the document as only floating selection, mainly to modify the selection
itself with things like "Border" or "Grow".

Hope this helps
Robert Oedegaard
http://home.sol.no/robode (homepage)
http://www.telemarksnett.no/tmu/  (work)
mailto:robode(at)online.no
mailto:ro.tmu(at)telemarksnett.no (work)
ICQ no: 133614