Re: PNG

by Stede Bonnett <stedeb(at)earthling.net>

 Date:  Wed, 24 Dec 1997 13:39:35 -0500
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:44 AM 12/24/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I am a new member of HWG, so this question has probably been asked and
>answered many times over.  If so, I apologize in advance.  (Hmmm... IAIA
>- I should be able to some good use out of that acronym. ;-> )
>
>Does anyone know if Netscape or Microsoft have any plans to support the
>PNG graphic format in their browsers in the near future?  I've played
>with the format a bit and it has some advantages, and it's been out long
>enough now that I'm beginning to wonder if they might have deliberately
>decided not to support it.
>
>Any thoughts?  Thanks,
>Steve

Actually, they both have partial support right now - it is part of the HTML
4.0 specification, so eventually full support should be provided.

try
	http://www.cdrom.com/pub/png/
	specifically under the browser section:
	http://www.cdrom.com/pub/png/pngapbr.html

Stede Bonnett                     ***noted ten BeSt***
stedeb(at)earthling.net       ----------------------------------
layer3(at)cyberdude.com
http://www.iocon.com/
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order"-The Doctor