Re: virtual memory, Photoshop4, and win95

by John Macleod <john.macleod(at)virgin.net>

 Date:  Tue, 06 Jan 1998 01:30:34 -0500
 To:  HWG Graphics <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Leave Windows '95 to sort out your V/Mem. One thing to watch is that
Windows requires at least twice your RAM in free HDD space on C: (unless
its somewhere else). To be safe it hepls to have three times your RAM... If
your HDD gets full Windows will slow down...

John Macleod
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer

At 10:06 PM 1/5/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Nathan wrote:
>
>> Is it a good idea to adjust virtual memory in win95 to twice my RAM?
>> (ie. 32 megs ram = 64 max and min. setting).  ???
>
> According to my local guru, let Win95 handle it - it knows what it
>wants and needs (And this from a dedicated Win95 loather.). I don't have
>any problem running Photoshop 3 (or anything else that's 486 compatible)
>on a 486dx with 16 meg using the Win95 defaults.
>--
>Deborah Rorabaugh
>The Puter Smith
>http://www.pacifier.com/~rclaude/
>http://www.geocities.com/area51/zone/5854/

John Macleod - john.macleod(at)virgin.net
               jmacl59459(at)aol.com