Illustrator 7: Claustrophobia

by Leslie Owen <lowen(at)lawinfo.com>

 Date:  Sat, 31 Jan 1998 01:01:06 -0800
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>I have a question regarding the dread Illustrator 7.
>If, I hope, there are people on this list who know the program well, how
>did you overcome the steep learning curve?

I like these Illustrator books:

The Illustrator Wow! Book by Sharon Stever
Illustrator Classroom in a Book
Adobe Illustrator Creative Techniques by Behoriam & Poyssick
Illustrator Bible by Ted Alspach

Classroom in a Book includes a CD-ROM--great book, used in the college
course I took.

I actually prefer Illustrator to Photoshop, but I started in print before
moving to the Web. If you can learn to use the pen tool in Illustrator,
you'll have Illustrator 60% licked, and the skill is transferable to
Photoshop.

I don't think Illustrator has a higher learning curve than Photoshop. It's
just more geometric in its approach. Circles and squares that can be picked
up and moved, filled with color, reduced or increased in size, etc.