Re: Conversion of graphic files

by tad davis <taddavis(at)interport.net>

 Date:  Fri, 03 Apr 1998 23:23:10 -0500
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Albert,

The file they sent you was compressed on the Mac. Tell them you need an
uncompressed file. And have them name it using PC naming conventions. (If
it's a TIFF file, name it: file.tif, or whatever.) Assuming you have the
software that can read the file, that should be all.

good luck

tad

At 10:56 PM 4/3/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi folks:
>
>If someone who uses Mac e-mail me a graphic file and I am using PC, how
>can I save and open the file?  I tried that a few days ago and I got a
>message saying that I need BinHex 4.0. I checked with Tucows and couple
>other places but none has this software.  Are there other ways to
>convert the file?  Ditto for text files.
>
>Albert Chu

                          Tad's JavaScript Poetry Generator:
             http://www.users.interport.net/~taddavis/pomset.htm
  * * * Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean I * * *