Re: Little Spots

by Mark Horvath <mhorvath(at)shore.net>

 Date:  Fri, 30 Apr 1999 15:43:46 -0400
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:46 AM 4/30/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I have a question about little spots that keep showing up when I save a
>graphic as a gif.  Some colors will have these little off colors spots that
>show up so that it does not look as smooth as I will like and some colors
>dont.  I used all web safe colors, but still, no matter what when I save and
>reopen the spots are there.

Hi Carol,

I looked at the graphic and read the RGB values with PSP 5's eyedropper.
One thing that I noticed was that there were no true browser safe colors
(with the exception of the white sky, which did read #000000). For example,
the blue in the lake read #0000C6, the grass in front of the chalet read
#00A500 and the pine trees by the building were #085A08. The chalet itself
did show the problem you describe quite noticeably.

Does your graphics program allow you to manually enter in color values?
Doing that would let you lock in the color you want.  If so, that may be a
place to start. If you would like, I could email you a couple of browser
safe color charts (html format, about 14K in size)

This probably isn't too much help, but what the heck...we keep trying.

Best wishes,

Mark H.
--
Public Keys available from