RE: Background Question

by Holly Fee-Timm <hollyft(at)bright.net>

 Date:  Mon, 01 Dec 1997 16:46:16 -0500
 To:  "bart(at)bgrafyx.com" <bart(at)bgrafyx.com>,
"'mareegold(at)earthlink.net'" <mareegold(at)earthlink.net>,
"anatal(at)iron.com.br" <anatal(at)iron.com.br>
 Cc:  "hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>In many browsers, including MSIE 3.x, the content of
>a page won't display until the background image is loaded

this can even be used purposely for effect, although a truly fast machine
will loose the effect:
	http://www.rootsweb.com/~seky/personal/anyway.html

go ahead and scroll down and read one of the sayings I try to live by while
waiting on the large background graphic to load...

>if you enclose the content in a table. However I don't think
>this "order of loading" is neccessary because of the bgcolor
>attribute of <body> which can display your site reasonably
>well before the actual background image loads (and that
>should only be a few seconds)..

Holly Fee-Timm *** hollyft(at)mail.bright.net
(personal pages) http://www.rootsweb.com/~seky/front.html
http://www.rootsweb.com/~kyharlan
http://www.rootsweb.com/~kyleslie
http://www.rootsweb.com/~kybell