Re: Preloading graphics

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Fri, 03 Apr 1998 16:15:51 +1000
 To:  bassmstr(at)westol.com
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 23:22 2/04/98 +0000, Steve wrote:
>Actually, having the preload code in the <HEAD> section does preload the
>images.  I'm happy with how it's all working out so far, I just wish there
>was some way to do the rollover in MSIE 3.  Looks like I'm out of luck on
>that point, though.

Agreed, but it is still better to put the loading script into the BODY - it
eliminates potential problems with NN4.  This was discussed recently on
hwg-languages, here's the reference if anyone is interested:
http://sunsite.unc.edu/hwg-bin/msgid?3501A917.2F5ACEB0(at)best.com&browsing=AAt
StqbgggK

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Gilbert Chandler College
http://ariel.unimelb.edu.au/~gilbert