Re: Replacing text links with an image map?

by Ira Krakow <krakowi(at)tiac.net>

 Date:  Sat, 17 Oct 1998 19:30:34 -0400
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
  Yes it does serve customers and it's been quite successful as it is.
Many of the links end up
linking to manufacturer's product descriptions, so that means that I can't
get a totally consistent
look and feel across the site.  I'm very concerned about slowing down the
page load time because that
will definitely drive customers away.

  What is the maximum size GIF or JPEG that I should use for an image map?