Should I develop in CSS now?

by Ira Krakow <krakowi(at)tiac.net>

 Date:  Sun, 25 Oct 1998 12:08:41 -0500
 To:  "David Sontag" <dsontag(at)hotmail.com>,
hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Regarding CSS...should I convert my pages to CSS?  I've been reading about
all the hassle about
incompatibilies of IE and Netscape's support of CSS and DHTML, as well as
not being able to control
the display attributes of the user (default fonts, screen widths, point
sizes, etc.).

In addition, there will be problems with display of pages in older browsers.

I was wondering how many designers are actually currently using CSS, or is
it better to wait for the next
generation of browsers and hardware.

Ira