Re: Table Alignment

by Michael Silveus <msilveus(at)home.com>

 Date:  Thu, 11 Dec 1997 21:22:43 -0800
 To:  <HWG-GRAPHICS(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I agree wholeheartedly with Cindy and believe the Jay and anyone else who
can't provide help should keep their mouths shut. These lists aren't
designed to be a vehicle for those who have nothing but sarcasm to
contribute. Its intention is to further the art of creating informative and
valuable Internet content and the sharing of expertise (i.e. mentoring).
Please try to make your comments in the direction of helping the person
learn what went wrong. WYSIWIG isn't the answer it's just a crutch, good
solid background in HTML can provide a much better enjoyment of the art.
You can then concentrate on what you want to do and not constantly worrying
about checking it in a WYSIWIG viewer.

Mike

At 23:16 12/11/97 -0500, Earl & Cindy Douglass wrote:
>First I would like to point out to Mr. Heckles that criticism is only useful
>if one ADDS ways for improvement.  Secondly, the mistakes in Kathy Burchs'
>file appears to be human error, not WYSIWYG errors!
>

><P ALIGN=CENTER>
> Believe it's "center"
>
><BR>
>  <HR>
><P>
><CENTER>
>  <TABLE ALIGN=Center
>Missing the quotes  again and note the change in type from caps to more
>lower case.  While the change in type style is not a problem with HTML as
>far as I know, a WYSIWYG editor is not likely to create code in that manner.
>

> Border="0" CELLPADDING="2">
>    <TR>
>etc.,etc.
>
>It appears to me that Kathy is trying to learn HTML, and didn't deserve to
>be slammed for asking for help.
>I realize that you are most likely well educated with these topics, and
>maybe you have lost patience with beginners.  But we need your expertise,
>please, not your slams.  Thanks.
>
>Cindy
>douglass(at)sprintmail.com

Through Truth comes Wisdom and Honor becomes Strength.

                 \||/
                 |  @___oo
 <  >      |(,,) )__)         msilveus(at)home.com
  ||      /    \)___)\        http://www.michaelsilveus.com

Chivalry is not dead so long as there are those who wish to keep it alive.