Re: Scanners

by Philip Dyer <pdyer(at)dyerassoc.com>

 Date:  Wed, 17 Dec 1997 10:34:14 -0500
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 06:38 AM 12/17/97 -0500, Eric R. Fisher wrote:
>This is a little behind but in regards to the request for input on
>scanners - There is an article in the January 1998 issue of ZD Internet
>Magazine comparing 8 different scanners for web graphics.  I'm sure it
>is on the web site also at <http://www.zdimag.com/>.  The Astra 1200S
>was the editors choice.

We purchased the 1200s a couple of months ago (to replace a very faithful
HP that finally gave up the ghost). Very nice unit. Much lighter, and maybe
then less rugged, than the old HP, but we treat these things carefully
anyway. Very quick with full color scans, etc. Just $300 or less, I think,
if you don't get the full copy of Photo Shop included. I'm a serious HP fan
and am amazed to find myself recommending the Astra - but we really like it.

- pd -

Philip Dyer ---- Pepper Productions
PRESENTATIONS | PUBLISHING | WEB DESIGN
pdyer(at)dyerassoc.com --- 770-277-8386
Member: The HTML Writers Guild
Web: http://www.dyerassoc.com/pepper
"Direct ... Simple ... Powerful ... Effective"