Re: percentage monitors with 256 colours?

by Nick Harrison <nick(at)iii.co.uk>

 Date:  Sun, 08 Feb 1998 18:49:27 +0000
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Around 70% apparently have 256 colour depth. (from what I have read)

Gifs can only be less than 256 colours anyway - due to the index colour
palette. The web palette only has 216 complient colours which means you
cant really add any more...

If you DO have more, it wont effect the download of 256 colour gifs, it
just means that they look better!

Im glad I have more though :)

Rgds
Nick.