Re: graphic rotation question

by Brian <brianj(at)ais.ais-gwd.com>

 Date:  Tue, 24 Feb 1998 12:34:54 -0500
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Jeremy Mueller wrote:

>Construction set can build an animated gif from them.
>while to learn how to use POV-Ray, but I think that if you have the
>time, it is well worth it.
---------

Id like to add: It takes a GREAT DEAL of time to learn it, and you'd better
have a decent, rather fast, system if you like multi-tasking. But, if you
have a holiday coming up, you could always pull the shades and stock up on
groceries :)

Not picking on anyone :) And take the above with a grain of salt. I just
wanted to provide a little of my experience (very little; too slow on this
end) with ray tracers-- I they hate me, I know, Pov-ray told me one night :)

<light sarcasm>
Try running Lightwave 5.5 on a Pentium 133 with 32 megs of RAM and see what
beautiful images you get :) (hint: they have to do with a little red circle
with an X in it, a dialog box and a loud noise, depending on the sound
event configurations of your Win95 box).
</light sarcasm>

Just wanted to add to the topic, before anyone got excited and downloaded
POV-Ray (although, you can make *astonishing* images with it, given the time).

Cheers, folks!

brian j. | [i.c.q. 1057986] fusion(at)greenwood.net
f r e e l a n c e graphic designer/web developer
fusion design <<http://www.ais-gwd.com/~fusion>>