Re: Who are you folks--reality check?

by Chris Messina <cmessina(at)sandstormpublishing.com>

 Date:  Sun, 08 Mar 1998 09:47:52 -0500
 To:  "HWG Graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I'll make this short as I can and spare you all five minutes to rest your
wrists... I'm a seventeen-year-old high school junior. I just got into the
web last spring and started my own design company over the summer while
doing Tech Support at a local ISP. Previously I had very little knowledge
whatsoever of computers in general.

I'm subscribed to this list for the same reason as Tobias--to learn from
the rest of you, professionals or not! I think that the replies so far are
a testament to way the world works now... You don't even have to be an
exceptional artist to excel in the graphics field!

As for me, I'm looking forward to possibly attending the Institute of Art
in Chicago and majoring in Graphic Design. I enjoy it immensely now and it
only makes sense for me to pursue it as a career!

Chris Messina
Webmaster | Sandstorm Publishing
http://www.sandstormpublishing.com
http://www.sandstormpublishing.com/thecloset

<SNIPPET>

other people >>my age are apparently subscribed to this list.  So I am jsut
letting you know,
>>not all teenagers are internet junkies that don't use it productively.
>

>Hi everyone!
>
>I'm a 14 year old teenager... That's why I am on this mailing list, I want
to learn
>something from all of you :)
>
>Regards,
>Toby