Re: Preloading graphics

by Brian <brianj(at)ais.ais-gwd.com>

 Date:  Thu, 02 Apr 1998 15:08:45 -0500
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Steve Bassler wrote:

>...snip...
>>
>> But this *won't* give you an error:

>> <Script Language="JavaScript" Type="text/JavaScript">
>> <!--
>> if(document.images) {

--snip--

>It may not give me an error in MSIE 3, but neither will it preload
>my button image, right?  Is there a method for preloading in MSIE 3?
-----

No, will not preload in MSIE using document.images because it doesn't
support it.
"Is there a method for preloading in MSIE 3?"  Not sure, but you can't use
document.images detection; however, I would be interested in hearing a
solution :(

-----
>Also, does this mean that in MSIE 3
>   document.images['bttnName'].src = 'button.gif';
>in my onmouseover and onmouseout event handlers will fail?  If so,
>how DO you do rollovers in MSIE 3?  MSIE 2?
-----

As far as I know, and I am quite sure, you cannot do JavaScript roll-overs
in MSIE 2 or 3.
As far as I know, MSIE 2 and 3 do not support JavaScript.

-----
>I want this to be as platform-independent as possible.
-----

I wish everyone felt as you do. It would truly make the web-dev a more
peaceful practice.

b.