Re: Dreamweaver (+Fireworks)

by Chris Messina <cmessina(at)sandstormpublishing.com>

 Date:  Thu, 02 Apr 1998 21:52:22 -0500
 To:  Steve Bassler <bassmstr(at)westol.com>,
HWG Graphics <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>does DreamWeaver handle importing existing pages well?  All my
>pages are hand-coded and (IMHO) highly optimized, and I'm afraid to let
>ANY editor mess with them, WYSIWYG or not.

When I tested the Public Beta, all my predone pages that had commented text
would end up getting screwed up because Dreamweaver would make it so
comments would end in --!> and that would technically make it so the
comment wasn't closed, thereby effectively commenting out all following
code. I don't know if the bug has been fixed.

I went to a seminar in Boston this past winter on Dreamweaver and it was
quite a cool exhibition. Dreamweaver seems to pack a tremendous punch for
its price (I think about $400). More info at http://www.dreamweaver.com.

Hope that helps a little.

Chris Messina
Webmaster -|- Sandstorm Publishing