Re: Scanners

by Jarkko Laine <jml79(at)sci.fi>

 Date:  Thu, 25 Jun 1998 01:07:38 +0300
 To:  Steve Bassler <bassmstr(at)westol.com>,
hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Steve!

I have a CanoScan 300 and I've been very satisfied with it. I use PSP 5 too
and I've never had to use Canon's software, the Twain driver does the same
work. OmniPage Limited Edition came with the scanner and it's worked fine,
unless you want professional software like OmniPage Pro. But if your WP
includes OCR software you don't naturally need any other OCR program.

Jarkko

BTW Canon has won all the magazine tests here in Finland.

--