Re: Help...

by Chuck & Karen <calow(at)ils.net>

 Date:  Fri, 18 Sep 1998 17:51:43 -0400
 To:  "CINDY K STANLEY" <STANLEYSUPPORT(at)prodigy.net>,
"HWG-Graphics (E-mail)" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:39 PM 9/18/98 -0000, CINDY K STANLEY wrote:

>Interested in how to copy and paste into "any" graphics program. I tried the
>above in Corel Word Perfect, Text Art, and then went to go save it. The file
>formats in Corel are not compatible with file formats in PSP 3.0. I saved it
>as a wpd, also tried saving it as html, but PSP will not convert this file
>format to gif or jpg. Tried to copy and then paste into PSP, but not sure
>how to paste what I copied, into PSP. Do I need to open new file first in
>PSP and then try pasting or what? I am totally lost. The above solution from
>Karen sounded great to me, but has me stumbled. Please elaborate
>on this.

In bringing graphics from a wordprocessor (Word or WordPerfect) I've always
found the easiest way is to first highlight the graphic by 'left-clicking'
it, then using the keyboard: typing ctrl+c. This puts the highlighted
graphic on the Windows clipboard.  Then open PSP (I also use LiveView Pro
and sometimes Corel Draw). In PSP, you don't need to open a new file,
simply type ctrl+v, this pastes the contents of Winows clipboard as a new
image in PSP (and others), then you're free to save the image as a *.gif.
It's been sometime since I used WordPerfect but it should still work. If
you are saving a WordPerfect file _as_ html, you need to go into the
directory where it was saved and isolate the graphic file(s). I know with
MS Publisher, it automatically converts any clip art or images to *.gif
with generic file names, you just have to open them to see what they are.

I was not suggesting that you could open a *.wpd or a *.doc or a *.html
with PSP, LiveView Pro or any other graphic software, sorry if I wasn't clear.

>Also, saw an option in Corel WP for watermark. How do I convert a watermark
>made in Corel to a gif or jpg, so I can use it on the web? Please forgive me
>if I sound ridiculous, but have been wondering about this for quite some
>time.

Again, it's been a while since I used WP, but if memory serves, you can
'View' the watermark in WP (where it's editable) then again, highlight the
graphic, ctrl+c then ctrl+v in PSP.

>TIA,
>Cindy

HTH,