Re: Know ImageVice? or need graphics compression help

by Chuck and Karen <calow(at)ils.net>

 Date:  Wed, 23 Sep 1998 17:18:07 -0400
 To:  "Lucinda Belden" <info(at)dwo.net>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:33 AM 9/23/98 -0500, Lucinda Belden wrote:
>I have been developing some serious size graphics and need serious help with
>compression.  I downloaded a program call ImageVice which is supposed to let
>you simply export out of PhotoShop and do the compressing for you but I'm
>not getting any results??  If anyone knows how to use this program...
>
>Any other tips and tricks to get graphics web ready would be greatly
>appreciated too!

I've been having great success with the gifBot at http://www.netmechanic.com/

It gives you previews of several compressions of your graphics and includes
the 'savings' each increasing compression gives.  The downside, you have to
supply a URL to the graphic you want to compress, meaning you have to
upload the original larger size file.

HTH,

Karen :o)