Re: More Microsoft problems

by Chuck & Karen <calow(at)ils.net>

 Date:  Thu, 05 Nov 1998 18:22:39 -0500
 To:  Chuck Pratt <cops(at)firstcop.com>,
hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I use MS Publisher pretty well every working day and love it for certain
applications.

I created my first site using Publisher 97.  I first saved the 'site' as a
Publisher file *.pub, then went to the option under the File Menu, Publish
to HTML...it then creates the neccessary *.html file along with *.gif
files.  The only way of converting the file you have is to open it with
Publisher (I don't know ANY program that can open a *.pub file other than
Publisher).

BTW...the resulting HTML from using Publisher is just about the worst I'd
ever seen (and/or edited)...it's the reason I went ahead and learned how to
hand write HTML using Notepad, I would strongly advise against using it for
anything that needs frequent updates.  If you need more assistance, email
me off the list and I'll see what I can do.

HTH,

Karen Calow
--
Member HTML Writers Guild