Re: Cropping to selection

by Chuck & Karen <calow(at)ils.net>

 Date:  Thu, 11 Feb 1999 07:52:44 -0500
 To:  "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Cindy,

I think I know what you're asking :o)

Start with the image about 200 pixels high, select your border and then add
the drop shadow.

Un-select all, then select a section about 100 pixel high (full width of
graphic), then crop to selection.

When you have the 'border' part selected and you add a drop shadow, it not
only shadows along the right edge, but on the bottom and top too. You need
to select a part of the border in the middle where there is no 'shadowing'
to the top and bottom.

I usually save this type of file as a gif unless there's some gradient
involved, try saving it both ways and compare the results, and if there is
no vertically repeating pattern, the height of the image needs to only be a
few pixels.

I hope this helps, if not, maybe you could clarify what you need, or post
an example.

Karen :o)