Re: You CAN Protect Images

by Avi Rosenberg <avi(at)gezernet.co.il>

 Date:  Mon, 05 Apr 1999 08:18:04 +0300
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:21 04/04/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Well then, can you explain what mapquest.com does to protect those maps?
>What software do they use? I noticed that they do allow you to print the
>images and save them if you click on the link for it but otherwise the
>images are a potluck shot of something if you try to catch them sans link.
>Their site has been doing this since the day the got online.
>
>Sincerely,
>F. Havas
>Dallas, Texas

I had no problem at all saving a map from mapquest.com and opening it up in
psp.
Although, I have found it very difficult to save a picture from AltaVista
Photo Finder that belongs to corbis.com. These type of pictures initially
seem to be asp files that can't be saved from the the "save image" link.