Re: WYSIWYG

by "Captain F.M. O'Lary" <webmaster(at)canopy.net>

 Date:  Fri, 16 Apr 1999 20:36:31 -0400
 To:  "Julie Katzer" <j.katzer2(at)worldnet.att.net>,
"hwgbasics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
 Cc:  "hwggraphics" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Julie,

As this is obviously off topic for this list I'll keep it real brief:

There ain't no such thing as a WYSIWYG editor that actually writes HTML as
laid down in the standards (ANY standard - except the vendor's!).

Save your money for HTML classes - unless you *want* to put your lawyer's
kids through college.
HTH,
Fuzzy

At 04:58 PM 4/16/99 -0700, Julie Katzer wrote:
>Hello everyone!
>
>I've scrapped and saved every penny, now I want to buy wysiwyg software.
>
>Years of graphic art, I have to see what I am doing, while I am doing it.
>
>I am leaning toward Dreamweaver and Fireworks package. Any imput?
>I am asking due to a recent very disturbing venture into the costly land of
>untried software.
>We are almost ready to hire an attorney...do they not think it should do
>what it clearly states
>on the packaging it can do, and more? Have they ever actually tried to
>perform any real
>functions on this piece of ..... 20 minutes to download to the printer? What
>do you mean
>it can't output a jpeg file? It's suppose to.
>
>Anyway,  back on task, any imput would be greatly appreciated, I would truly
>love to hear
>from someone using Dreamweaver who doesn't like it and why as well as the
>fans of
>that and any other products.
>
>For the graphics end of it, without starting a war, is Corel Draw or Adobe
>Illustrator more
>appropriate for web graphics? Is there a alternative for outrageous effects?
>
>Thank you one and all in advance. I truly enjoy "the lists" hope to see some
>of you at
>HTML4.0 for beginners class, (see the guild site)
>
>Julie

Captain F.M. O'Lary
(yes, one of the now infamous: "O'Lary Boys")
webmaster(at)canopy.net
sysop(at)mail.ruediger.leon.k12.fl.us
Member of the HTML Writers Guild and
International Webmasters Association