Re: QOTM Question of the moment

by "Captain F.M. O'Lary" <webmaster(at)canopy.net>

 Date:  Sat, 24 Apr 1999 20:44:41 -0400
 To:  Cherie Haskins <catsmeow(at)bright.net>,
Mark Loewenberg <loeweb(at)mindspring.com>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
While I don't know if the statement "Hint:........... Transparency's do not
work on Interlaced Images nor on
jpgs." is application specific in this case or not, and will all due
respect, I can tell you FOR SURE that I have at least a few hundred
transparent interlaced gif's out there in "circulation" as I type this (or
at least Photo shop and my browser *tell me* they are interlaced ;-)).

HTH,
Fuzzy

At 03:46 PM 4/23/99 -0400, Cherie Haskins wrote:
>Mark,
>There's really only one way that's easy and works.
>
>Open your gif, Go to Color, make sure the gif is set at 16 mil color.
>Go to Color, select  Set Color Transparency
>You see a box: Select Yes to reduce image to 256 colors
>Box: Say Ok to Optimized colors (top bullet checked)
>Box: you'll see 3 options,,,, don't bother to check one of these..
>
>Move the box if you have to, to see your image,  take your cursor which
>is now the eyedropper, and Click on the background area you want to be
>transparent.. (you'll notice a color number come up and the box moves to
>checked tranparency...
>
>Hit Proof to make sure its the way you want it to look.
>then Hit .............OK.....
>whalah!
>Now............. don't forget to hit save again......
>Hint:........... Transparency's do not work on Interlaced Images nor on
>jpgs.
>And don't have a background color that is inside of your image either...
>grin.
>
>Practice! It's easy.
>--
>

>       Have a grateful day!
>
>Cherie' Haskins
>Ohio Web Design
>      'Weaving Your Future'
>
>cherie(at)ohiowebdesign.com
>http://www.ohiowebdesign.com

Captain F.M. O'Lary
(yes, one of the now infamous: "O'Lary Boys")
webmaster(at)canopy.net
sysop(at)mail.ruediger.leon.k12.fl.us
Member of the HTML Writers Guild and
International Webmasters Association