(Circle R) <Oh Yea!>

by "Captain F.M. O'Lary" <webmaster(at)canopy.net>

 Date:  Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:46:26 -0400
 To:  Darren Gerbrandt <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>,
"Graphics - HWG" <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ok, I admit I haven't been following this string too closely.

After seeing 240,000 messages addressing this topic I _finally_ took a
peek. I guess that was a mistake.

The FIRST message I read gave a ****BAD**** HTML "fix".

Lookie here:

&#174;

Is the *correct* way to render the circled "R" in HTML.

I really don't see why/how creating a graphic depicting this symbol is a
problem regardless of the font you have (or don't have) on your machine, so
I'm not going to go into that one.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,
Fuzzy

Captain F.M. O'Lary
(yes, one of the now infamous: "O'Lary Boys")
webmaster(at)canopy.net
sysop(at)mail.ruediger.leon.k12.fl.us
Member of the HTML Writers Guild and
International Webmasters Association