Re: Progressive JPEG support (was Image Styler)

by "Captain F.M. O'Lary" <webmaster(at)canopy.net>

 Date:  Wed, 25 Aug 1999 13:18:43 -0400
 To:  Jeff Kane <jeffkane(at)pobox.com>,
"Captain F.M. O'Lary" <webmaster(at)canopy.net>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ah HA!

Thanks Jeff!! :-)

Here the result *on my machine*
Win 95 osr2.5 266MMX 128MB Ram
42.800 connection (this time)

IE 3.02 (4.70.1300) DID NOT render the image in a progressive manner.
_Nothing_ showed up until the entire image had downloaded.

NN 3.02b DID render the image in a progressive manner (very much like a
interlaced .gif).

I'll check my Win 98 laptop with IE 4.X in a little while.

Thanks again Jeff, that's a cool format - WAY overdue!!

SeaYa,
Fuzzy