Re: Photoshop tutorial

by "Captain F.M. O'Lary" <webmaster(at)canopy.net>

 Date:  Fri, 27 Aug 1999 17:54:30 -0400
 To:  Steve Raine <hubbybear(at)worldnet.att.net>,
"'hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org'" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
First,

I'm sure there are atleast a few other ways to do this BUT, here's how I
would do it:

If the 'burned hole' is on it's own layer simply activate that layer, take
the magic wand and select the whole select "paste into" from the edit menu.
Now assuming you had the image you wanted to go into the hole already
copied to the clipboard ('cause I was too dumb to say that step first like
I should have) you will not only be able to paste another image into your
'hole' but once it's there you can move it around to get it juuuust right.

If it's NOT on it's own layer it'll still work this way, it's just going to
take more time with the magic wand while holding down the shift key to get
'all' the colors selected inside the 'hole'.

HTH,
Fuzzy

At 05:25 PM 8/26/99 -0700, Steve Raine wrote:
>New to Photoshop...
>using layers:
>Want to take a graphic, "burn a hole" in it, and fill the "hole"  with a
different image.

>I've burned the hole in the original...
>
>anyone know of a tutorial on how to fill the hole?
>
>I'm presuming masking...?
>
>I have Photoshop v.4
>

>Thanks,
>Steve

Captain F.M. O'Lary
(yes, one of the now infamous: "O'Lary Boys")
webmaster(at)canopy.net
sysop(at)mail.ruediger.leon.k12.fl.us
olarym(at)mail.woodville.leon.k12.fl.us
Member of the HTML Writers Guild and