Re: Web Graphics CD

by "Captain F.M. O'Lary" <webmaster(at)canopy.net>

 Date:  Tue, 31 Aug 1999 20:42:03 -0400
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Karl,

Go to your favorite search engine and type in:

free+graphics  (just like that).

When you have gotten all those book marked do the same for free+art and
free+images.

Now if you could *possibly* need more art than that, try another search
engine!!

Seriously Karl, there is SO much free high quality art on the web it's not
even close to being worth the risk of your customers recognizing the art
you are likely to find on one of those "10,000 clip/photo art images" CD's
as cheesy stuff they could have gotten at Office Depot for $4.99 (on sale -
naturally) and thinking "Sheez, I paid him for THAT?!?!?!"

Just in case you can't tell, this is the voice of experience talking!

If you don't like that idea (I know - toooo much time involved, right?) Go
to a local college or vocational school. It has been my experience that
there are talented art students there who would LOVE to get the exposure of
their art on the web - so glad they will do it for free and be real excited
about it (so excited they are usually dependable!). Then you get custom art
- even photos - on request, how could you possibly beat THAT? :-)

Again, the voice of experience!

HTH,
Fuzzy

At 03:28 PM 8/31/99 -0700, Hoover wrote:
>Anyone have a good CD collection of web graphics that they could suggest.  I
>have about 10 new sites to put up and I'm running out of creative juices
>here.
>
>Any suggestions would be great!
>
>Respectfully,
>
>Karl Finefrock
>       \\|//
>       (0-0)
>---oOOo-(_)-oOOo---

Captain F.M. O'Lary
(yes, one of the now infamous: "O'Lary Boys")
webmaster(at)canopy.net
sysop(at)mail.ruediger.leon.k12.fl.us
olarym(at)mail.woodville.leon.k12.fl.us
Member of the HTML Writers Guild and