RE: Printing Digital Pix

by "Captain F.M. O'Lary" <webmaster(at)canopy.net>

 Date:  Thu, 02 Sep 1999 14:22:38 -0400
 To:  "Villano,
Paul" <VillanoP(at)usachcs-emh1.army.mil>,
Tasha 212 <tasha212(at)hotmail.com>,
hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Whoa!!

This is all well and good as long as you remember **DO NOT** expect
'photographic' quality images !!!!

The resolution on the Mavica (and most other low end digital cameras) is
Way,Way,Way below what is called for in order to get -serious- photographic
quality prints.

ok, I feel better - the world can resume turning now ;-)

Fuzzy

At 09:38 AM 9/2/99 -0400, Villano, Paul wrote:
>I have a Sony Mavica at home and a HP Deskjet 550c (antique!!) printer.
>I buy a pack of photo quality (heavy stock) HP paper from Wal-mart for
>about the same price you mention for the entire pack, I think.  Can't be
>more than $10...Anyway, it does great photo-quality graphics (which, of
>course, can be tweaked to your needs even better through using even
>basic photo-editing software provided in WIndows, etc.).
>
>My point is that you can do everything you want to do much more cheaply
>by just picking up a pack of HP Color Photo paper from Wal-Mart and
>having at it.
>
>Paul
>Serving the SOULdier

Captain F.M. O'Lary
(yes, one of the now infamous: "O'Lary Boys")
webmaster(at)canopy.net
sysop(at)mail.ruediger.leon.k12.fl.us
olarym(at)mail.woodville.leon.k12.fl.us
Member of the HTML Writers Guild and