Re: Problem with Images. . . <viola!>

by "Captain F.M. O'Lary" <webmaster(at)canopy.net>

 Date:  Thu, 09 Sep 1999 13:10:36 -0400
 To:  Michael Channing Wilson <webmaster(at)digicomdesign.com>,
"Captain F.M. O'Lary" <webmaster(at)canopy.net>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org, chapman(at)fanfarehouse.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ok, I stand corrected - sorta.

Here's the deal.

*please* take a look at:

http://www.canopy.net/test

View the source. There you will see the same example I 'quoted' earlier,
you will also see my "corrected" example. Now, close the source and click
on the link to the validator in the bottom right corner.

Dang - we were BOTH right. I hate when that happens! Because the mystery
remains - well sort of.

****** PLEASE *****, ****** PLEASE ***** don't take this personally (Mary
Ann Chapman <chapman(at)fanfarehouse.com>) but if you'll follow this link (or
paste it into your browser) I think there may be some insight on this
non-image situation.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.grandpaints.com%2Findex.h
tml

HTH,
Fuzzy

At 12:39 PM 9/9/99 -0400, Michael Channing Wilson wrote:
>Hi again...
>
>I believe I found what I was looking for earlier...
>
>>From the W3C http://www.cs.duke.edu/~dsb/kgv-faq/errors.html#attr-quoted
>
>an attribute value must be a literal unless it contains only name
>characters You have an attribute whose value needs to be in quotes. If
>an attribute value contains any character other than letters, digits,
>hyphens and periods, it must be enclosed in double quotes (single quotes
>would also be okay from an SGML standpoint, but some browsers don't
>recognize them). In particular, URL's almost always have to be in
>quotes, as do the attribute values for some Netscape extensions:
>
>The color specifiers for Netscape's <BODY BGCOLOR> and family (ie.
><BODYBGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">)
>Relative size specifiers in Netscape's <FONT> (ie. <FONT SIZE="+2">)
>A <TABLE WIDTH> attribute, if it specifies a percentage width (ie.
><TABLE WIDTH="50%">)
>
>etc...
>
>Would this also apply to image values?
>
>later,