to zip or exe. . . [was large images]

by "Captain F.M. O'Lary" <webmaster(at)canopy.net>

 Date:  Thu, 16 Sep 1999 19:25:06 -0400
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I vote for .zip

Downloading .exe files scare me to death . . . probably as bad (almost) as
canned Java Script!

Uuum, may be I shouldn't bring this up but . . .

Whadda bout the MAC's out there? I know, I know, but the fact is the
*majority* of them that _are_ out there are doing imaging (in the graphic
arts business) - ya know.

Now, while I don't have the app in my archive, I do know that a "MAC
unzipper" exist to allow a MAC to expand a .zip archive, I don't *think*
there is a "MAC exe'er", or at least I have never heard of one.

Again, I vote for .zip

SeaYa,
Fuzzy

At 02:06 PM 9/15/99 -0400, Thia Li wrote:
[. . .]
>Oh yes, anyway, I've decided to put my largest high-quality images (~300K)
>in either a ZIP or self-EXE since even uncompressed JPEGs will compress
>somewhat in an archive. Now the question remains - which type?
>
>cheers
Captain F.M. O'Lary
webmaster(at)canopy.net
sysop(at)mail.ruediger.leon.k12.fl.us