Mouse-over with image changes

by "Write Now, Inc." <writer(at)jlc.net>

 Date:  Thu, 20 Jul 2000 14:47:10 -0400
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I hope this is the correct forum for this question... so here goes.

I am trying to find a javascript for a mouseover effect that I saw
recently, forgot to bookmark the page, and can't seem to find a script for it.

What I am trying to accomplish is the following:

On an opening page of a web site, I want to have a centered graphic that
has menu items on either side:

menu 1                             Menu 4
menu 2           IMAGE        Menu 5
menu 3                             Menu 6

When you hold your mouse over each of the menus, I want the image in the
center to change and I want some text to appear that explains what is found
in this section of the web site.

Can anyone help me find a Java script that will help me accomplish this?

Thanks in advance. (cross-posted to basics also)

dana
dana b mackonis
  writer(at)jlc.net