Re: WP Software

by Bob Bonnell <napmw(at)feist.com>

 Date:  Tue, 26 Jan 1999 23:00:46 -0600
 To:  "Starr Wolf" <starrwolf(at)starrwolf.com>,
"HWG Graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I am not sure what  medium range means?,MSWord will do it all, but if your
in to less then I would suggest MSWorks,but it does not have the power of
MSWord.Probably an in between, would be Claris Works, for the PC,I have
used it on the MAC, and it a lot better then MSWorks.I havent used
Wordperfect,since its early days and it was a pain then,but I have people
who use it now  and they seem to like it.I dont know if this helps,but
MSWord, kind of seems to have become a standard,when passing documents on
the net.
Bob B
At 09:18 PM 1/26/99 -0600, Starr Wolf wrote:
>Hi List:
>
>This is a little off beat perhaps, but, related to our work nonetheless.
>Besides, I haven't gotten a single response from the Software List all day,
>so, I'm throwing it out into this forum.
>
>I have been asked by a business client who is an attorney to give him my
>recommendation on a medium-range word processing program that will handle
>average WP tasks around his firm. He is a sole practitioner and does his own
>documents and letters.
>
>I wanted to get your subjective viewpoints about what you guys use and/or
>have heard. My client is willing to buy what I recommend, so, I want to make
>sure I am well informed before I shoot off my keyboard.
>
>I, myself, use only the "Wordpad" WP program that came with my Win95 v 2.5
>and am very happy. However, my client wants something in the area of MS Word
>or some such mainstream program.
>
>When I asked him what he wanted from the software he stated that he would
>like it to handle mailing labels, letters, envelopes, legal documents,
>spellchecking, grammatical correction (if possible), not difficult for a
>novice to operate, and that it is backed by a reputable manufacturer.
>
>As always your opinions are valued and invited.
>
>Starr
>website design: http://www.starrwolf.com
>patch trading: http://www.starrwolf.com/Eli_Wolf
>
>God Loves You ... We Love You ... and JESUS IS LORD!!

Bob Bonnell, C.P.M.
Webmaster NAPM-Wichita KS,
Webmaster NAPM-District II
http://WWW.FEIST.COM/~napmw/index.html     (NAPM-Wichita)