Re: Saving Work for Future

by Bob Bonnell <napmw(at)feist.com>

 Date:  Fri, 05 Feb 1999 21:21:00 -0600
 To:  Eve Emshoff <eve(at)gospelcom.net>,
HWG Graphics <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Eve, I found using a zip drive and a program called mrmirror, works well
for me. What mrmirror does is, 1. makes a copy of the site from your hard
drive on to the zip drive and then when you run the program, it only copies
the changed files to the zip.I use a Zip Plus which lets me just unhook the
zip drive and transfer the site to another machine if I have to.
Bob B

At 06:38 PM 2/5/99 -0600, Eve Emshoff wrote:

>I've started a new job, and so far have created one Web site that is
>currently online, and one other that will be going 'live' soon. Not all the
>sites I create will be permenant, in that they are up for a limited time
>and then are taken down (such is the timeliness factor when working for a
>newspaper).
>
>What would be the best way to keep my work offline so I can later show the
>work I have done to future employers/friends/family, etc.? I'm interested
>in archiving my work. Do I print this out and place it in a portfolio, zip
>it up, put the directory structure on a zip disk, or do something else
>entirely? Obviously, there are some space problems presented when archiving
>entire sites over an extended period of time, so this is why I ask.
>
>I am on a PC platform using Windows 98. I have access to a Zip Drive and a
>CD Burner, as well as WinZip of course. Most of my work will be done via
>Microsoft Frontpage.
>
>And, does anyone else have any particular categorizing system for such
>works, ie. by client, year/month, or a combination thereof?
>
>Eve

Bob Bonnell, C.P.M.
Webmaster NAPM-Wichita KS,
Webmaster NAPM-District II