Re: Deleting/replacing a color

by Kyle Matthews <jits(at)ihug.co.nz>

 Date:  Sat, 24 Apr 1999 09:12:37 +1200
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:35 PM 4/22/99 -0700, Chris Hawkins wrote:
>In Photoshop or IR, could anyone tell me the process of selecting one color
>in an image and deleting or replacing it?  I'm talking about replacing the
>same color everywhere in the image, for instance, if you have several
>objects that are some specific RGB, can I then replace that with some other
>specfici RGB of my choice.

in photoshop 4:

make sure you've got the colour you want to select as your foreground
colour - use the eyedropper. go to select->color range. choose 'sampled
colors', and your foreground colour should be selected. i'm not sure if it
chooses background and foreground, but if it does, just change your
background to something completely different.

Kyle

				    Kyle Matthews
				    website designer, community activist