Re: Photoshop

by wmbaum(at)primary.net (WMBaum)

 Date:  Fri, 03 Apr 1998 19:08:00 GMT
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  Aethelflae <Aethelflae(at)aol.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Fri, 27 Mar 1998 17:49:23 EST, Aethelflae wrote:

>    I have a Photoshop question....  Is there any way to make color
>seperations from a scanned in image off of a website...?  I changed the mode
>to CMYK from RGB, but I don't know how to choose the correct pantone...

>Because of the
>nature of web graphics, I will need to be much more specific color choices, as
>we are reporoducing company logos.

I don't know what form you need the separations in, but I suspect the
printing house (film producer) can probably deal with the photoshop image
itself..

Otherwise, once you have the mode as CMYK you can open the channels
palette and by turning off the others, view and output only the channel(s)
you want.

As far as picking the pantone colors, if you use the eyedropper tool to
pick up a color, and then click on the color to go to the selector you can
select the pantone palette you want, and photoshop will highlight the
right color for you..

Hope this helps.. and if I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about,
let me know that, too.. :)

--Bill