Re: Automation of image resizing

by uncle-joe(at)worldnet.att.net (Joe Carson)

 Date:  Wed, 27 May 1998 17:15:37 GMT
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  darren.stephens(at)onyx.net
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Wed, 27 May 1998 12:06:12 +0100, you wrote:

>I may soon need to resize A LOT of images to fit witin some database =
generated
>template pages. So I need to ask these questions:
>
>1.Will Photoshop let me do this kind of thing with a macro. If so will =
it insist
>on aboslute dimensions or will percentages be ok.

Sure it will. Just record an action, and then you can apply the action
to the entire directory.  I'm not 100% certain it will work with
percentages, because I haven't tried it (I use dimensions), but I
assume it will.  Just take a look in the help menu for actions. It's
pretty straight forward. BTW.....I use Photoshop 4, and I can't recall
if Photo 3 supports actions. If not, you may have to upgrade if you're
using 3.

HTH

Joe