Re: Download

by Virginia Blalock <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>

 Date:  Fri, 09 Oct 1998 12:33:31 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:49 AM 10/9/98 -0700, Chuck Pratt wrote:

>Am completing a large site which includes a group of files, each of
>which is meant to be
>downloaded as desired by the visitor to the site.
>
>I have the files on the site in zipped form.  I have a page with a link
>for each downloadable file which will take the visitor to that specific
>file of his choice.  Now, what do I do to make it downloadable?
>
>Maybe simple, maybe not.  Your help appreciated.

When I have something available for download, I just provide a link to the
file itself: Parenthesis in place of the greater than/less then signs:

(a href="file.zip")Download the file!(/a)

When the user clicks the link, they are prompted to save the file.

Virginia's Visions
http://visions.simplenet.com