Re: Color Laser Printers - The Business of Printing - Off Topic?

by Thom Bradley <thombrad(at)visi.net>

 Date:  Sun, 10 Sep 2000 10:45:48 -0400
 To:  "Carol Parent" <cbwd(at)means.net>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Carol,

Thursday, September 07, 2000, 9:31:45 AM, you wrote:

CP> Morning,

CP> This email targets those of you who use Color Laser Printers on a regular
CP> basis.  I am in the market for a Color Laser and have narrowed it down to
CP> two.  HP 4500 and NEC SuperScript 4650N.

CP> Networking is not all that important to me other than my small office LAN.
CP> What I will be doing is PowerPoint Presentations in color.  Approximately
CP> 5000 sheets a month.

CP> What are your thoughts (if any) on the best printer for the job?  And since
CP> I will need to purchase a Color Laser for this purpose, what would be a good
CP> one to buy for printing color other than just PowerPoint Presentations.
CP> Thanks much for any input you may have on this subject.

CP> Regards,

CP> Carol Parent
CP> http://www.cbwdesign.com
CP> admin(at)cbwdesign.com
CP> 218-566-4188

CP> "The only way to amuse some people is to slip and fall on an icy pavement. "

Look at the "Phaser" series of printers from Tektronix which is noe
owned by xerox. The wax process printers are very good and give an
embossed feel to the page. Very professional presentation. The cost on
a per page basis is lower than laser due to the black ink being free.
It is what I am considering for my color laser purchase. It is
affordable as well. I think list is now $2500. You may have trouble
getting a demo though. They will arrange for a demo if you cannot find
a place.

Thom Bradley

--
Best regards,
 Thom                            mailto:thombrad(at)visi.net