Re: video to gif

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <berlar(at)generation.net>

 Date:  Wed, 18 Nov 1998 20:00:18 -0500
 To:  "Beth A. Borysewich" <beth(at)netstat.com>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>I h ave a client who wants to convert a real video file to an animated
>gif so that everyone can see it.
>
>Does anyone know how to do this.  When I try in Gif Animator or Ulead
>Video Editor I get an error message that the codec driver can't be
>found.

You'll have to export the RealVideo file back into .avi, .mov, QuickTime or
Autodesk Animation files first.  All are formats that Ulead Gif Animator
can import directly.  You'll probably need RealEncoder (free) or
RealPublisher(there's a free version) to export the movie as an .avi or
.mov file.  You can find both at RealNetworks' Web site. =20

HTH!

St=E9phane