Re: video to gif (oops!)

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <berlar(at)generation.net>

 Date:  Wed, 18 Nov 1998 21:47:18 -0500
 To:  "Beth A. Borysewich" <beth(at)netstat.com>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Beth,

I think I may have mislead you before.  I just checked RealPublisher and it
cannot export back RealVideo or RealAudio files back to a normal video or
audio format. I don't remember if RealEncoder can do it and I assumed it
did because my sound editing software (SoundForge) can export RealAudio
files back to .wav or whatever other audio format (it can't restore the
file back to its original quality of course).  I just figured that
RealNetworks' own converting software could do it as well.

Looks like you will have to get your hands on the original .avi file and
import that into Ulead's Gif Animator.  Version 3.0 supports quite many
formats (all the ones I listed in my other message) as well as Photoshop
.psd files who's layers gets assigned to separate frames when imported as
video in Gif Animator.

HTH!

St=E9phane