Re: Animations from Photoshop layers

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <berlar(at)generation.net>

 Date:  Sat, 09 Jan 1999 00:27:19 -0500
 To:  Frances McKenzie <ancientqi(at)yahoo.com>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:24 AM 08/01/99 -0800, you wrote:
>I'd appreciate it if you could point me to a good animation editor. I
>haven't worked with animations before. I do have the original
>Photoshop file with the photos in layers. But I don't know how to save
>this to a gif animation. I'd like to make a few changes to the current
>animation, like maybe put Ohashi inside a red circle instead of a
>square. Ideas? (Photoshop 4.0 is on a Power Mac)

I use Ulead's Gif Animator 3.0 exclusively.  It is by far the best
animation tool for Windows IMO.  It handles Photoshop .psd files directly
and imports the different layers as separate frames you then edit.  It can
also use all your Photoshop plugins directly from within its interface and
it itself provides many stunning animation effects.  It also has the best
optimization of all the Gif animation tools I tried.  Download the trial
and give it a go... and no, I do not work for Ulead.... ;-)

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron