Re: Ilustrator type problem

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <berlar(at)generation.net>

 Date:  Fri, 22 Jan 1999 00:21:01 -0500
 To:  Virginia Blalock <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:35 PM 21/01/99 -0600, you wrote:
>I was hoping that anyone who uses Adobe Illustrator can help me. I have
>searched the archives, Adobe's site, etc and cannot find a definitive
>answer(I am using the tryout version with no help file to decide if I want
>to buy it). I cannot for the life of me to get the type tool to work! When
>I type I cannot see anything. I have read something about not seeing type
>in artwork mode. Where do you change modes?=20

I can see type fine in artwork mode and I never heard of such a problem.
To switch between Preview and Artwork mode go to the View menu.  This is
the first item at the top.  As for your problem seeing your type, make sure
that your fill color is not white(like the background) or that it is not
set to no colors at all (red line across the fill button in the main tool
bar).  Your type might also be just too small at low zoom levels, zoom in
some more and set Greeking to the lowest setting (1pt) in preferences
(File>Preferences>Type&Auto Tracing).

I also read something about
>Illustrator and its relationship to fonts and that perhaps this is a
>factor. Can Ilustrator only use post script fonts? Only a certain number of
>fonts? As you can see I need help<G>

Illustrator on my machine reads both Postscript and TrueType fonts without
a problem but I don't know if this as been a problem for other users.  I
have quite a lot of fonts on my system and I can access them all through
Illustrator (and Photoshop and QuarkXpress for that matter).  Are you
having problems accessing your True type fonts?  Maybe it is a problem
specific to the demo version but I never used the demo so I cannot really=
 say.

Anyway, I hope this helped a little.

St=E9phane Bergeron=20