Re: breaking graphics into tables --any software out there to do this?

by Dave Leverton <dave(at)ct.lia.net>

 Date:  Tue, 26 Jan 1999 12:27:51 +0200
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:40 PM 99/01/23 +0530, W.W.Wilaton wrote:

>>http://www.webcatdesign.com/deborah/home.html
>>
>>I could have never made these image slices in Picture Dicer.
>

>Hey its really cool page. Where can i download SSP from?
>
>thanx

Most excellent. But I have to ask something...

What are the benefits of doing an image this way?

As far as I can see, the size of one single image is equal to the added
parts of it being done this way (possible takes a bit longer to load as the
browser configures the tables).

I guess one can create a hyperlink from each image instead of image mapping
the big image - and one could change a portion of the image quite easily.

Apart from these are there benefits I am missing?

Dave Leverton
Manager, Club Internet - Cape Town
Ph: 021 531-5928 Fax: 021 531-5306
Bus: http://www.ct.lia.net