Saving Work for Future

by Eve Emshoff <eve(at)gospelcom.net>

 Date:  Fri, 05 Feb 1999 18:38:04 -0600
 To:  HWG Graphics <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

I've started a new job, and so far have created one Web site that is
currently online, and one other that will be going 'live' soon. Not all the
sites I create will be permenant, in that they are up for a limited time
and then are taken down (such is the timeliness factor when working for a
newspaper).

What would be the best way to keep my work offline so I can later show the
work I have done to future employers/friends/family, etc.? I'm interested
in archiving my work. Do I print this out and place it in a portfolio, zip
it up, put the directory structure on a zip disk, or do something else
entirely? Obviously, there are some space problems presented when archiving
entire sites over an extended period of time, so this is why I ask.

I am on a PC platform using Windows 98. I have access to a Zip Drive and a
CD Burner, as well as WinZip of course. Most of my work will be done via
Microsoft Frontpage.

And, does anyone else have any particular categorizing system for such
works, ie. by client, year/month, or a combination thereof?

Eve