Re: Background Gif

by Virginia Blalock <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>

 Date:  Tue, 18 May 1999 08:35:15 -0500
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:03 PM 5/17/99 , Andrea Clarke wrote:
>Hi folks:
>
>I am using a gif from a "free" graphics site as a background to a site I'm
>developing.  I want the background to have a repeating picture on the left
>hand boarder.  What actually appears is the pictures on both the left and
>right side of the boarder, although the original graphic contained only the
>pictures on the left side.
>
>Do I have to specify the width of the page in order for the background to be
>presented only once?
>
>The page is at: http://www.magma.ca/~sclarke/HIM/HimHome.html

The background graphic is not wide enough. It is only 672 pixels wide. Most
border backgrounds I make are 1400 wide. That takes care of just about
every screen resolution there is.

What I do when I get this is to re-make the graphic original graphic but
just adding some width.
If you feel uncomfortable doing that, you may want to e-mail the person you
got the graphic from and ask him/her to make it wider for you(some people
who offer free graphics don't want the graphic altered in any way, even
widening it).

Virginia's Visions
http://visions.simplenet.com