Re: disappearing gif & java applet

by Kym Jones <kymj(at)airmail.net>

 Date:  Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:47:42 -0500
 To:  "Sandy Stillwell" <wallama(at)eskimo.com>,
"Graphics - HWG" <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Sandy,

First of all I love that pic and the effect...it's really pretty.

I am by no means an expert on java but I did look at the site. The first
time the page loaded, I got a java error and nothing appeared. I shut down
Netscrape and reopened it, went to the site again and it worked just fine,
except that the graphic is about a pixel shy of the bottom border.  Now, I
could be quite wrong, since I've only done one java applet using a program
that does all the coding for me, but mine will not work unless I have a
.class and .jar file uploaded to the server. When I looked at your code, I
don't see them there...could this be a problem ?...strange that it should
work fine the second time if this is a problem.

The other thing that I noticed is that your last TD is not closed
off...could that be causing a problem. I am tables ignorant so that might
be a long shot.

I believe that AOL browsers sometimes do strange things to graphics, so
perhaps there are some AOLers here who might be able to shed some light :)

Just tossing in my two cents worth....

Kym